A girl begins her menstruation when she enters puberty which is usually between the ages of, 11-16. Menstruation is the release of blood, tissue, debris and secretions from the womb. Women experience menstruation every month and a healthy woman is expected to menstruate between 11-13 times in a year.
Image: Women's Health
Most women hate menstruating not because of how uncomfortable it is but because of, the pain that accompanies their period. Studies have shown that, 90% of women who menstruate experience one form of menstrual problem with the most common problem being, menstrual pain.
Menstrual pain could be mild, moderate or severe. Women who are healthy can experience severe menstraul pain however, some severe menstraul pain is linked to some underlying health problems.
Here Are Six Health Problems That Can Cause Menstraul Pain In Women.
1. Pelvic Inflammation Disease (PID): pelvic inflammatory disease is a kind of infection that affects the pelvis of a woman. The pelvis is part of the reproductive system of a woman.
This Disease causes scarring and Inflammation which can cause a woman to have painful periods. Pelvic Inflammatory diesease can be treated with injections and medications.
2. Fibroids: fibroids are non cancerous tumors that grows inside or, outside the womb. Fibroids could be small in size or very large. Women who have fibroids usually find it hard to conceive.
Fibroids can cause women to experience pain during their monthly periods, it can also cause a woman to experience heavy flow during her periods.
Image: The Brookside Association
3. Endometriosis: endometriosis is a painful medical condition inwhich the lining of the womb is found outside the womb in areas like; the ovaries, fallopian tubes, and pelvis floor.
Medical experts believe that women who have endometriosis have a high chance of experiencing severe menstraul pain.
Image: Honor Health
4. Adenomyosis: this problem is very similar to endometriosis with the difference being that, the lining of the womb of a women with adenomyosis does not grow outside the womb instead it implants itself deep into the woman's uterine muscles.
This causes severe pain and make a woman's menstraul cramps very severe.
Image: The Healthsite
5. Primary Dysmenorrhoea: this occurs when the body produces excessive amount of prostaglandins.
The excessive production of prostaglandins causes the womb to contract thereby causing pain and menstraul cramps. Primary dysmenorrhoea is a reproductive disorder.
Image:. Baby Centre
Women who use copper IUD (IUD is a female contraceptive) and women who have defects in their womb can also experience severe menstraul pain.
I Hope You Found This Article Useful. Like, Share, Comment, And Follow.
Content created and supplied by: Shinysatellitepotiskum (via Opera News )