Older people usually start developing eyesight problems as they clock 40 years of age and ear. Poor vision at close distances is one of the most common vision issues between the ages of 40 and 60. However, this is a normal change with the ability of the eye to focus and may degenerate with time, that is if not well taken care of.
Some of the things you do to maintain a healthy vision include:
1. Visiting the hospital regularly for an eye examination is very important. Through this, the doctor can get to know the exact cause of eye problems and profer quick treatment.
2. Always put on your sunglasses. They help protect your eyes from damage caused by sun rays and can slow the ageing process of your eyes.
3. Always wear eye protection especially when you have a job or activity where you could get an eye injury.
4. Always consume a diet that is healthy for your eyes.
5. Involve in physical exercise regularly. Doing these help in warding off different health issues throughout your life. Some of these issues include high blood sugar and hypertension, which can cause vision loss.
6. Reduce your intake of cigarettes as it reduces your risk of developing diseases such as cataracts and macular degeneration.
7. Limit your consumption of alcohol as too much intake of it can result in eye damage.
Doing these 6 things regularly will help reduce your risk of vision problems.
Content created and supplied by: Betatalkz (via Opera News )