A stroke is a serious health condition that affects a lot of people all over the world. A stroke can also be known as a cerebrovascular accident. It occurs when part of the brain loses its blood supply and the part of the body that the blood-deprived brain cells control stops working. This loss of blood supply can be ischemic because of lack of blood flow, or hemorrhagic because of bleeding into brain tissue. We must discern the type of stroke we suffer from so that the right treatment can be applied.
Stroke is very dangerous and has killed a lot of people all over the world. A stroke is a medical emergency because strokes can lead to death or permanent disability. There are opportunities to treat ischemic strokes but that treatment needs to be started in the first few hours after the signs of a stroke begin. That is why early treatment of stroke is necessary.
When a stroke is about to come, there are certain signs and symptoms both men and women need to pay attention to. Some of them include;
1. Abrupt weakness or numbness only occur on one side of your face or in one arm or leg.
2. Loss of vision, strength, coordination, sensation, or speech, or difficulty comprehending speech. All these symptoms might get complicated if not treated on time.
3. Unexpected faint vision, particularly in one eye
4. Sudden loss of balance. Atimes, it is accompanied by vomiting, nausea, fever, hiccups, or
5. Difficulty swallowing.
6. Unexpected and drastic headache with no other cause followed quickly by passing out.
7. Collapsing for a short period.
8.Dizziness or unexpected declines with no obvious sign.
Everyone should take note of these signs.
Content created and supplied by: HealthArena (via Opera News )