The diagnosis of bipolar disease in children and adolescents is still up for debate. This is because bipolar disorder symptoms in children are not necessarily the same as in adults. Their moods and behaviors may differ from what doctors look for in adults when diagnosing the disorder.
Many of the symptoms of bipolar disorder in children are similar to those of other disorders that can affect children, such as attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).
Doctors and mental health specialists have just recently began to detect the illness in children.
A diagnosis can help youngsters seek therapy, but getting one might take weeks or months. Your child may require specialized treatment from a professional who is experienced in treating children with mental health issues.
Bipolar disorder affects children in the same way that it affects adults. They may appear to be overjoyed and exhibit signs of agitation. Following these periods, depression sets in. While all children go through mood swings, those caused by bipolar disorder are more noticeable. They're also more dramatic than a standard mood swing in a toddler.
Symptoms of manic depression in youngsters
Symptoms of a manic episode in a kid induced by bipolar disorder include:
· behaving erratically and exuberantly
· speaking quickly and changing topics
· having difficulty concentrating or focusing
· taking risks or experimenting with dangerous actions
· having a fast temper that leads to angry outbursts
· having difficulties sleeping and not feeling weary after a night's sleep.
Children's depressive symptoms
Symptoms of a bipolar disorder-related depressive episode in a kid can include:
· lamenting or acting depressed
· sleeping excessively or insufficiently
· having little energy for typical activities or showing no evidence of enthusiasm in anything
· complaining about not feeling well, such as frequent headaches or stomachaches
· having emotions of worthlessness or remorse
· overeating or undereating
· contemplating death and maybe suicide
Content created and supplied by: Wykin (via Opera News )ADS: You Will Be Credited With 10 Million (Tap Here Now!) and don't forget to share this article..