Lemon is a fruit of the Citrus family that is used as a preservative, licked as fruit or used in cooking for its flavour.
WHAT IS LEMON WATER?
It is a mixture of lemon juice and warm water. The juice is squeezed from a fresh lemon and added to a warm water, sometimes other items such as ginger, garlic, honey, etc are added to give additional benefits.
HOW LEMON WATER IS PREPARED
The lemon juice is squeezed into a glass of warm water, the seeds are filtered out and the mixture properly stirred. You drink one or two cups early in the morning in an empty stomach for effectiveness.
BENEFITS OF DRINKING LEMON WATER
1) Lemon is a good source of Vitamin C which helps protect the immune system from deficiencies.
2) It helps to fight bacterial infections in the body.
3) Maintenance of the body's PH balance is achieved by drinking lemon water.
4) It is effective in treating common cold.
5) It promotes good digestion and helps in i creasing the metabolic.
6) It burns body fat which results in weight loss.
7) Effective liver cleansing is achieved by drinking lemon water as it helps to flush out toxins.
8) It's anti-inflammatory properties helps in fighting respiratory tract infections, sore throat and inflammation of the tonsils.
9) It helps to reduce joint and muscle pains and provide electrolytes for the body.
10) It helps regulate bowel movement thereby wading away constipation
Hope this helps!
Content created and supplied by: Ok-precious (via Opera News )