People believe that this illness can only happen to old people, but that's not true. Dementia is an illness that can happen to anyone at anytime.
It is a chronic or persistent disorder of the mental processes that is caused by brain disease or injury and marked by memory disorders, personality changes, and impaired reasoning. This illness is known to affect the memory making it unable for a person to remember things that has happened. This memory loss could be noticed by someone else.
Talking about the treatment of dementia, it has been said that it can be treated, but the condition can't be cured.
Therefore, are a lot of things about dementia you need to know and these are; symptoms, causes and other important things.
Causes of dementia
It has been said that dementia is caused by damage to or loss of nerve cells and their connections in the brain. Moreover, this illness can affect people differently depending on the area of the brain that's damaged.
Symptoms of dementia
1. Difficulty communicating or finding words
2. Difficulty with visual and spatial abilities, such as getting lost while driving
3. Difficulty reasoning or problem-solving
4. Difficulty handling complex tasks
5. Difficulty with planning and organizing
6. Difficulty with coordination and motor functions
7. Confusion and disorientation
Share to enlighten others.
Like, share and follow to get updated with more of our articles.
Content created and supplied by: Rateme (via Opera News )